On May 27, 1929 the Berwyn Heights Volunteer Fire Department filed new incorporation papers, listing 15 charter members. The charter members were H.. T. Anderson, Raymond Anderson, H.M. Blundon, A.H. Cordes, F.C. Frost, M.C. Johnstone, James C. Loveless, Daniel J. MacDonald, William N. Mercer, Samuel H. Moyer, Charles H. Stein, E.J. Taylor, James E.P. Taylor, C.D. Walker, Edward Weaver.
Soon thereafter the members purchased their first piece of motorized apparatus, a 1926 Republic pumper, followed by a 1928 Chevrolet chemical truck. On December 30, 1930 the Department’s charter was officially approved and recorded at the county courthouse.