Sold-Out! Annual Christmas Tree Fundraiser Sale
Christmas Tree Fundraiser Sale- We are SOLD OUT!
Thanks to everyone’s support we have sold out our tree supply within two weeks of starting our fundraiser! Check us out next year!
The Berwyn Heights Volunteer Fire Department and Rescue Squad holds our Annual Christmas Trees Fundraiser Sale in the rear parking lot of the Firehouse. This decades-old tradition is one of our most important fundraisers of the year, and would like to thank everyone for their continued support, as all trees have been selling out early for the past few years!
2022 Tree sales will begin on Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022, starting at 5 pm, and runs until all trees are sold out.
Saturday & Sunday: 9am-9pm
2022 Tree Prices
- 5/6ft Fraser Fir – $55
- 6/7ft Fraser Fir – $65
- 7/8ft Fraser Fir – $75
We accept cash, checks, and credit cards. All our trees are sold by our dedicated volunteer firefighters & EMTs, and they would be happy to answer any questions on how to become a volunteer firefighter/EMT!
Station Location: 8811 60th Ave Berwyn Heights, MD 20740 (back parking lot). Please park on Seminole Street until you pick out your tree.
Christmas Tree Fire Safety
As you deck the halls this holiday season, be fire smart. A small fire that spreads to a Christmas tree can grow large very quickly.
Picking the tree
- Choose a tree with fresh, green needles that do not fall off when touched.
Placing the tree
- Before placing the tree in the stand, cut 2” from the base of the trunk.
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents, or lights.
- Make sure the tree is not blocking an exit.
- Add water to the tree stand. Be sure to add water daily.
Lighting the tree
- Use lights that have the label of a recognized testing laboratory. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read the manufacturer’s instructions for a number of light strands to connect.
- Never use lit candles to decorate the tree.
- Always turn off Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Get rid of the tree after Christmas or when it is dry. Dried-out trees are a fire danger and should not be left in the home or garage, or placed outside against the home.
- Check with your local community to find a recycling program. Bring outdoor electrical lights inside after the holidays to prevent hazards and make them last longer